Friday, November 22, 6 PM to 9 PM
It's one of my favoriate events of the year. A family celebration to start the holiday season. From visiting with Santa, to the lighting of the Christmas tree and festive activities all through downtown Okotoks, their is something for everyone! The following is a list of activities avaible for this years event with various sponsors contributing.
Support the Food Bank!
The 18 Wheels of Christmas will be back again this year collecting non-perishable food donations to help those in need over the holiday season.
At the Olde Towne Plaza
- Live Performances, 5:30pm–8:30pm
- Welcome Ceremonies, 6:45pm
- Santa, 6:50pm
- Community Christmas Tree Lighting, 7pm
Along Elizabeth Street
- Ice Sculpture Demo, Municipal Centre, 7pm–9pm
- Sugar Shack - maple toffee on a stick, 49 Elizabeth St, 6pm–8:30pm
- Pony petting zoo and photos plus hot chocolate, courtesy of McBride Career Group and Foothills Community Immigrant Services, 6:30pm–8:30pm
- Cookie decorating, Christmas crafts, hot chocolate, coffee and treats at Danielle Smith's constituency office, 6pm-8pm
At the Okotoks Art Gallery & Okotoks Museum
- Hot Chocolate & Cookie Decorating, 6pm–8:30pm (Art Gallery)
- 'Art in the Attic' Crafts, 6pm-8:30pm (Museum)
- Photos with Santa, 7:10pm–8:30pm (bring own camera) (outside the Art Gallery)
- Stop in and drop off new scarves, mitts and toques to the Okotoks Art Gallery to decorate their Tree of Warmth. All of the winter items will be donated to local charities. Until 8:30pm.
Other Downtown Activities
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides (5 teams of horses locations at the east and west ends of downtown), 6pm–8:30pm
- Fire Pits, 5:30pm–8:30pm
- Roaming Carollers, 6pm–9pm
- Dance Performance at Starcast Dance Academy
- Late Night Shopping, until 9pm.
- The Olde Towne Christmas Passport is back again this year and kicks off on the night of Light Up! Shop local - with each $10 purchase at a participating store, receive one stamp. When your passport has 10 stamps, simply leave it at that store to be entered into a draw for a $1000 shopping spree in Olde Towne Okotoks!
- Spirit of Christmas Artisan Market at the Okotoks Art Gallery, 6pm-9pm
At the Okotoks Public Library
- Free hot chocolate & cookies, 5pm-7:30pm
- North of Broadway Show Choir Performance, 6pm-6:30pm
- Christmas Craft Sale, 5pm-8pm
- "Small Stuff' Art Show & Sale by Okotoks Artists & Friends, 5pm-8pm
- Note: the craft sale and art show also run on Saturday from 10am-4pm
The Information booth will also be a collection place for lost children or family members who have become separated. Anyone requiring first aid treatment should also go here.
Fireworks - Produced by GlobalFest!!!
Set yourself up to watch fireworks set off from Lineham Park, sponsored by Okotoks Rentals, 9pm
Please note: Elizabeth Street, McRae Street, and North Railway Street to Lineham Avenue will be closed to vehicles from 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Credit and a big thanks to Mark Doherty and the Town of Okotoks for the above mentioned itinerary and for putting on such a wonderful event year after year!!!!